Tunes


Sunday, August 31, 2008

Darn car accidents and construction!

As some of you know I am doing my practicum hours with a local psychologist in town.  Each week I observe therapy sessions and complete forensic evaluations.  On Friday of most weeks I go to Albuquerque with him to complete the competency evaluations of juvenile offenders.  On one particular afternoon, we finished our evaluations and headed home.  Little did we know there was a huge accident that blocked the two lane highway just outside of Albuquerque.  In the span of 45 minutes we moved less than 100 yards.  As we putted along the road we noticed an abundance of cars entering the weeds between the highway in order to turn around and pick another route.  We contemplated doing the same thing for those 45 minutes til we decided to go another way home.  The only problem with going the other route is that it would add another hour onto the normal two hour drive.  We turned around and headed through one of the ugly parts of New Mexico (according to my supervisor).   Besides the fact that I can count the driving hours into my practicum hours (we have to have a total of 780) is that I got to see this amazing rainbow!  Other than that, I just wanted to get home!  We later found out that our decision of going the different route had paid off, the accident was so bad that the traffic was only able to pass the accident on the shoulder of the road and the accident was more than just a couple of cars.  

No comments: